Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blogger Swaps Paper Clip for House- and-Lot

Here is one piece of amazing news: A Canadian blogger named Kyle MacDonald has gained worldwide attention after achieving his goal of "trading up" one red paper clip for a house-and-lot. 14 "trades" later and in only just one year of blogging, MacDonald received a brand new home from the Mayor of Kipling Saskatchewan, Canada. His new house is located at 503 Main Street of said town and Kyle will be hosting a housewarming party to celebrate his "achievement." Everyone is invited. Visit MacDonald's blog to read his remarkable story here.

The internet is truly a wonderful place. Aside from sharing your views and influencing peoples' opinions, one of the things that attracted me to blogging is the promise of financial income. I started blogging just this May 2006 and so far, my blogsite has "earned" $26 from its Google Ads. I have to admit that I am thrilled everytime my "income" rises and I cannot wait to reach the $100 mark. Presently, it is my dream to make my blog earn enough dollars so that I would not have to work (at least not full-time) anymore.

I have heard stories of Filipinos earning thousands of dollars a month just by blogging. I used to take those stories with a grain of salt ("parang urban myth lang"), but when I saw the "one-red-paper-clip" story I was convinced: some people do make a good living out of their blogs.

I should probably try to "trade up" my black stapler for a Rolex .... Any takers?

2 comments:

Chriseric said...

Hi there. Found your blog when searching for photos of the 'angry Christ' mural. My father told me about it when I was a teenager. He lived on the big island in Quezon City for a long time. Well, just saying Hello.

Good luck on the Rolex!

--Chris
(Boulder, Colorado, USA)

Oliver M. Mendoza said...

Thanks for dropping by Chris.