Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mar-Korina Wedding

Yesterday I attended the wedding of Mar and Korina at the Sto. Domingo Church in Quezon City. It was a mammoth affair (with I believe around 3,000 guests not counting the "usi" people milling outside the church) and easily was the grandest wedding I have attended so far. The atmosphere was very convivial and I was happy to have met many familiar faces whom I've lost touch since I left Mar's staff. Below are some pictures.

Mother and son. Mar Roxas and Inday Judy Araneta Roxas.

The radiant bride Korina Sanchez.

Paolo Zaldarriaga, Mar's teenaged son and best man at his wedding.

Ria Roxas-Ojeda, Mar's beauteous elder sister and her husband, Gus Ojeda.

The principal sponsors, soon-to-be-president Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino and Baby Araneta Fores.
Supreme Court Justice Reynato Puno and former Red Cross chief Rosa Rosal.

Former Senate President Jovito Salonga.
Korina's big boss at ABS-CBN, Gabby Lopez and Mar's aunt, Ruby Roxas.
Mar's uncle Jorge Araneta and multi-awarded TV journalist Che Che Lazaro.

The View From the Back. All in all, the wedding although grand was surprisingly solemn and the choir was first-rate. The most touching part to me was when Mar and Korina read aloud their pledges of love and fidelity to each other.

Happily ever after....

To the newlyweds, my best wishes!

No comments: